Tuesday 6 October 2015

Looking to the future

Well, I know that I've said it before, but I definitely think it is time that I moved this blog along.  My life is definitely no longer about the fact that I survived Child Sexual Abuse.  Who I am will always be as a result of what I suffered, but I've moved so far from who I was when I started this blog that it seems ridiculous to keep the focus on that suffering.

Instead, I want to celebrate where I am now.  The objective of my blog initially was to reach out to others who had been abused and to provide information to those who might know other victims.  Because of that I have clung on to the theme of abuse within my blog, but it is becoming harder and harder to find anything to say!  And that is a good thing.

I got to thinking about whether I should shut down this blog and start another.  But then it struck me - the abuse is a huge part of who I am today and probably what has driven me to take on new and interesting challenges in my life.  So surely if I continue with this blog, but move it forward the central theme will still be relevant to other Survivors?  Of course it will!  If I can get through it, then maybe that will be a more positive message and an incentive for other's to use what they have been through to make their lives better, rather than allowing it to destroy them.

So, onwards and upwards.  As I've said previously, I have taken up Aerial Gymnastics and of course, now that I am back home, have immersed myself in my local Amateur Theatre Group.  These two activities are keeping me more than busy and added to my work and family, my life is full.  You can now expect less posts about my past and more about my present. 

I would love it if you join me on this continuing adventure and to any Survivors who happen to stumble across this blog remember - there is a future for you, you just have to reach out and take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment