Sunday 24 October 2010

Back in the Theatre

And of course, I still had the theatre.  My parents were as involved in the theatre as ever and the stage was still my escape.  Modelling became another thing I loved to do.  Not the professional sort, but rather in shows that were staged to raise money for charity.  My mother had progressed to directing and producing the shows, with my father supporting her and running the front of house. 

This suited me down to the ground.  On stage I was confident and happy.  On stage I was the Bella who was still clean and untouched.  On stage I could escape from the mess that my life had become.  And so, I met my first husband.  

He was a member of the Round Table, together with my brother and my mother had agreed to stage a fashion show to raise money for the organisation.  And there he was.  He appeared to be a dream come true and ticked all the boxes the moment I saw him.  But I lacked the confidence to pursue him, so I merely watched him from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment