Sunday 24 October 2010

Developing the other Bella

Naturally, with my dancing training and ability I was a good mover and I used this to the utmost.  I could walk onto a dance floor and people knew I was there.  People noticed.  Just as it was on the stage.  I had a presence.  And again, inside my mind I could be someone else.  I even took to creating a different life for myself, different experiences, different background.

This further developed until I started creating a whole new story.  

The belief that without a man, I was nothing, spurred me on.  I needed a man in my life to be someone, to be anyone.

And so, at school my friends were told that I had a boyfriend in Redcliff.  A man who loved me and cared for me and treated me wonderfully.  When returning to Redcliff, friends and family were told that I had a boyfriend at school, one meeting the same description as that provided to my friends at school.  I became adept at embellishing and creating all sorts of experiences.  I desperately wanted to fit in.  I so wanted to be like all the other girls, but knew deep down that this was impossible.  Because I knew that I did not deserve it.

My sense of self-worth decreased as the years passed, to a point where I knew that I was nothing.  No matter what happened I would never be worthy of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment