Saturday 23 October 2010

My Parents


But for now, more about my parents.  My Dad worked for the main industry in town as a Welder.  He was really good at what he did and took a lot of pride in his work.  When he came home each day, my Mom would have a cup of coffee ready for him and they’d stand in the kitchen while he drank it.  This was an unvarying routine, as were so many other things in our lives.

When I was born, my Mom was a stay-at-home mother.  She took care of us all and ran our home wonderfully well.  Everything was in its place.  Always clean and tidy. 

And they danced...

My mother was a very accomplished dancer, having trained in Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Modern dancing.  My father was an accomplished Ballroom dancer and to watch them dancing together was a wonderful experience.  They didn’t move across the floor – they glided.  Okay, okay, maybe I am biased, but I never ceased to enjoy watching them dance together.  It is something that I still miss today and I often long to be able to turn back the clock and see them dancing together just one more time.

Both of them were involved in the theatre, my mother as a Dancer and then Choreographer and my father on front of house.  In a way, they were a fixture of the little theatre in our hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment