Saturday 23 October 2010

Before

Dancing wasn’t the only thing I was good at.  I had a good singing voice and an ability to become someone else at will.  This might have been as a result of the conflict raging inside me, or could be a natural ability that merely leant itself to my tendency to hide behind the other me. 
I also discovered that I could run, I was above average intelligence and until he messed me up, I did really well at school.  I was a happy, lively and confident little girl, living a normal life and will always wonder how I would have turned out if things had happened differently.

I dreamed of growing up, getting married and having children of my own.  I dreamed of being successful and happy.  I dreamed of having a nice home and living to enjoy my life for many years.  But I never dreamed that I would allow someone else to control my life, no matter how remotely.  Nor did I dream that I would eventually try to take my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment